Nurse Practitioner - PIPC - Lafayette, Louisiana
- Lafayette, LA
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care (PiPC), we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. At PiPC, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of doctors, advanced practice professionals, Pharm D, Care Coach Nurse, MA, Behavioral health specialist, quality based coder, referral coordinator and more. Our approach allows us to provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This robust support allows our Nurse Practitioner to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and lead with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director (RMD), Physician and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of FPG.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Provide coverage on as needed bases for other PIPC medical centers in the market.
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program with Board Certification
- Active, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license in state of practice location
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with all colleagues; fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care".
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting.
- Superior patient/customer service.
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR.
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of a collaborating physician/medical director
- This roleis consideredpatient facing and is a part ofPiPC'sTuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, youwill be required to be screenedfor TB.
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top