Medicare Sales Representative - Ingham, Calhoun, and Kalamazoo
- Flexible / Remote
The Medicare Sales Representative - US sells individual health plan products and services in a field setting. The Medicare Sales Representative - US work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The MedicareSales Representative - US makes sales presentations to potential qualified Medicare participants at their homes, doctors' offices, etc. using approved governmental guidelines. Initiates sales opportunities with seniors--individually or in groups--to sell individual health plan policies. Makes on-site presentations to prospective seniors or senior groups to increase enrollment. Qualifies prospects on site and closes sale if possible, otherwise, refers to inside sales for follow-up. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
• High School Diploma
• Active MI Health & Life Insurance Licenses OR the ability to obtain
• Ability to establish relationships with community partners
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to successfully navigate mobile applications.
• High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently
• This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance for Humana systems is 10Mx1M
- Ability to provide a designated workspace; free from distractions with the ability to secure any protected information.
• Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
• Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
• Sales experience in a managed health care setting
• Upon offer acceptance you must be able to complete and pass the AHIP certification (paid for by Humana)
• Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top