Medical Coder - PIPC - Houston/Humble/Conroe
- Houston, TX
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Medical Coder extracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate procedural terminology and medical codes (e.g., ICD-10-CM, CPT) to patient records. The Medical Coder assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
The Medical Coder confirms appropriate diagnosis related group (DRG) assignments. Analyzes, enters and manipulates database. Responds to or clarifies internal requests for medical information. Decisions are regarding the daily priorities for an administrative work group and/or external vendors including coordinating work activities and monitoring progress towards schedules/goals, and often oversees work of others and/or is the primary administrative owner of a main process, program, product or technology. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Medical Coder with one of the following certifications CPC,CPC-A, CPC-H or CPMA from AAPC or CCA, CCSP, CCS from AHIMA ((Foreign Medical Graduates currently with or without certification will need to have certification within 6 months from date of hire)
- 3+ years of experience as a certified medical coder
- Strong ICD 10 experience
- EMR experience
- Experience in MS office products
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Strong team player and emotional intelligence
- Ability to make decisions based on independent thinking and business objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous HCC coding experience
- Experience with ECW and EPIC
- CRC ( Certified Risk Coder or equivalent)
- Experience with Medicare Risk Adjustment Coding
Please note that this requisition is a pipeline for our Medical Coder opportunity.We appreciate your application and will review your information as openings become available in this space. NewLocations may vary between: Houston's Sunnyside, Tidwell, Hiram Clarke, Humble and Conroe,TX.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top