Medical Assistant, VSP (Variable Staffing Pool) - PIPC - Houston, TX
- Houston, TX
The Medical Assistant is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
We need you! Do you have a strong desire to help serve our senior population as we adjust to the current health care environment in our community?
Partners in Primary Care is a senior-focused primary care clinic organization with 5 local clinics across the Houston region. Our culture is focused on team work and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all. Due to the fast-moving COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate a need to hire temporary, variable staffing in the medical assistant role for our clinics. The position basic needs are as follows:
- Excellent patient communication skills, to include having clear communication skills and a friendly and calm demeanor.
- Strong computer skills to include the ability to understand basic functions in an Electronic Medical System (our current system is E-Clinical works).
- Ability to prioritize clinic needs & tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- The highest level of integrity and commitment to our community's health.
The Medical Assistant performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focused on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Active Medical Assistant Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records software
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish - fluent to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
Hours: Training will require two weeks at 40 hours/per week; Monday through Friday; 8-5pm. Guarantee of a minimum of 8 hours each week after training. Hours may vary between 8-40 hours per week depended on business needs.
The organization is highly focused on the safety of our associates and have implemented a high level of precautions to including that all staff are provided the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment for their role.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability.Modern Hireallows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire Text interview. In this interview, you will receivea set of interview questions over your phone or computer and you will text your responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top