Manager, Infrastructure Architecture ( Work at Home / Remote )
- Louisville, KY
The Manager, Infrastructure Architecture designs and develops IT infrastructure architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Manager, Infrastructure Architecture works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Infrastructure Architecture performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new IT infrastructure products and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Provide leadership to team members by developing services in alignment with Humana's IT and business strategies. Manage the day-to-day activities required to meet established SLA's and respond to customer requests.
- Possess and convey knowledge of infrastructure technologies, server computing solutions, and service management processes as well as the ability to consistently implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Infrastructure organization.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, implementation, and support activities required to meet strategic objectives, customer SLAs (Service Level Agreements
- Lead the development of Infrastructure strategies, standards, baselines and roadmaps for applicable technology areas. Leverage vendors and partners as appropriate to ensure solutions are up-to-date and are following industry best practices.
- Ensure proper monitoring and incident resolution processes are designed and implemented to meet customer SLAs.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and/or indirect reports through skills development, objectives and goal setting. Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals; mentor staff; measure staff performance and complete regular performance reviews and rankings.
- Work closely with other IT management to develop effective line function definitions and deliverables. Ensure the highest levels of service delivery, systems availability, security controls and disaster recovery through the development of effective standards and the implementation of best practices for IT services.
- Oversee both direct and indirect reporting relationships with technical teams to ensure the highest level of competency and execution of business focused objectives.
- Provide metrics and statistics to measure the operational effectiveness of the responsible line functions. Ensure all established processes have measurements in place, as well as a method for review and process improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- 4 to 6 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 2 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-function teams and projects
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to interact with and influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Microsoft Certificates, VMware VCP, or ITIL certifications are a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top