Lead Software Engineer - Interoperability Platform -Remote
Role: Lead Software Engineer, Cloud Technologies
Location: Boston, MA or Louisville, KY, Remote options a possibility
Author by Humana: Who We Are
Imagineusingyour workday to make ameaningfuldifference in people's lives.Envisionworking in an environment where you are not only encouragedto create a positive change but also given thetoolsto makethatchange happen.
Welcome to Author!Wearethefuture of healthcareand our missionistotransformtheexperiencethat we provide for the Medicare population - working to meet their social, emotional, and medical needs.As anAuthor associate you will guide members through their healthcare journey, ensuring they get theguidanceand support they need so they can focus onfulfillingtheir life's ambitions and goals.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the technology-enabled services we will build together to deliver on our shared vision. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about transforming our care system for those who need it most
- Driven to do well by doing what'srightas guided by those we serve
- Willing to thoughtfully disrupt the status-quo and excited to work in a rapidly evolving start-up environment
The Team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer tasked with building thebackbone of ourinteroperability platform. This platformpowers our customer facing experience and features. The interoperability platform is envisioned to be a modern high fidelity information super highway that integrates with a multitude of data sources and presents data with the rightgranularityand intimely fashion.
- You'll design data models, build APIs, and orchestrate dataflow across the company.
- You'll help us build an enterprise scale microservices architecture that will help deliver all of our capabilities to those that we serve.
- Working closely with our product team, you will focus on improving the Edge platform with both large new features and iterate through smaller enhancements that integrate across a variety of channels - web, mobile, and voice. Lastly, you will work with the analytics team to build a feedback loop to constantly improve on what we've already built.
Location options: Boston, MA, Louisville, KY, Remote options in these locations a possibility.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or any STEM field or 12 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer, building cloud native applications, preferably in GCP.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in C# (.Net and .Net Core)
- 1+ year of experience leading or defining architecture or high-level design approaches for a team of talented individuals
- Hands-on experience building production-grade microservices architecture with good knowledge of data engineering methodologies
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with business and customer representatives
- Strong advocate for building secure solutions, be a security champion for the team. Partner to automate security assessments, perform vulnerability and penetration tests, risk analysis and be a liaison for Cybersecurity on the team
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience working within an DevOps style environment using agile delivery practices and methodologies.
Additional - Please share GitHub projects you may be working on.
- Familiarity with Java and Go Lang
- Data Engineering experience in Public Cloud Environment
- You treat automated testing as a first-class citizen and focus on writing solid test cases
- Have experience deploying code in containers and using tools such as Docker and/or Kubernetes in Production
- Good understanding of public cloud computing architectures and services.Experienced in the use of cloud native technologies, cloud cybersecurity, and implementation patterns to lower costs, improve speed to market, increase efficiency, and enable innovation.
- Building collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive team environment, and coaching staff with timely meaningful feedback
- A cloud certification on any major cloud provider
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- Mastersin Computer Science or any STEM field
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top