Lead Data Scientist, Louisville, KY
- Louisville, KY
The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Stars program is the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) five-star quality rating systemformeasuringMedicare beneficiaries' experience with their health plans and the health care system. The program is a key component in financing health care benefits for MA and MA-PD plan enrollees. In addition, the ratings are posted on the CMS consumer website to help beneficiaries choose among the plans offered in their area. Quality metrics include screenings and vaccines, managing chronic conditions, member experience with the health plan, member complaints, and customer service. In 2018, Humana achieved 92% of members in 4+ Star plans. This measure of quality of Humana's Medicare plans directly impacts our members' health.
Stars Analytics uses data science, public health, business intelligence talent and Stars expertise to solve meaningful problems for Stars business partners. Our analytics drives Humana's Stars performance and improves the health and life of our members by transforming data into advanced analytic solutions. Thescope of our work includes forecasting, predictive modeling, statistical analysis, designing business experiments,andROIstudies.
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand business problems and formulate analytical solutions, as well as lead and collaborate with a team of data scientists, data analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects following a Data Science Lifecycle Model and Scrum Agile approach
- Use advanced analytic techniques like machine learning, predictive modeling to develop sophisticated models to solve business problems
- Act as an external facing data scientist whose combined expertise in machine learning, statistics and advanced analytics will enable the incorporation of these practices into Stars operations
- Deep dives across member populations along with advanced predictive analytics to determine actionable opportunities for improved Stars interventions
- Contribute to moving data science work onto the machine learning platform
- Master's Degree and 4 years of experience
- 2 or more years project leadership experience
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Successful demonstrated experience in working on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks
- Ability to works under minimal supervision, using independent judgment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Position must be located in Louisville, KY
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top