Lead Data Scientist
- Boston, MA
The Lead Data Scientist will be seen as the team expert on experimental designs and observational/retrospective studies, helping our Home Care Business partners design and understand the effectiveness of their interventions & core processes.
- Come be part of a new and exciting team that is at the forefront of innovative care delivery! This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to influence Humana's vision to provide coordinated, integrated care via Home & Virtual Care solutions. The Lead Data Scientist will be seen as the team expert on experimental designs and observational/retrospective studies, helping our Home Care Business partners design and understand the effectiveness of their interventions & core processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience conducting experiments of various designs in an applied healthcare setting and have demonstrated innovation and creative methods for overcoming testing constraints.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Design rigorous business experiments that allow confidence in results, while taking into account the complexity of testing in a large organization with legal, compliance, and other regulatory oversight
- Work with Business Partners to clearly define hypotheses and appropriate leading indicators
- Provide recommendations for sample sizing through power analysis
- Apply Behavioral Economics theory to the design of interventions
- Build strong working relationships with a variety of teams in a collaborative, matrixed environment with physical locations across the U.S.
- Design, conduct, analyze, and provide recommendations for the interpretation of results of business experiments
- Perform retrospective/observational studies on interventions/processes where designs may have not been implemented
- Collaborate with other members of the data science team to coach/mentor on experimental design & research best practices
- Be a willing learner and potential contributor to other team responsibilities, including Machine Learning, Dashboard/Visualization development, & general ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Behavioral Sciences, Applied Statistics, Engineering or related field
- Extensive experience conducting lab or field experiments
- Extensive experience conducting retrospective/observational studies
- Advanced programming experience in Python, R, or SAS
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Successful demonstrated experience in working on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Experience in creating analysis, projections, models, and presentations to support business
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks
- Ability to works under minimal supervision, using independent judgment
- Ability to communicate statistical & complex concepts in a simplified manner
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- Master's or PhD Degree in Economics, Behavioral Sciences, Applied Statistics or related field
- Knowledge of healthcare claims, clinical programs and interventions, health outcomes, population health
This position can be located in Boston, Louisville or work from home (remote)
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top