Lead, Corporate Communications and Executive Communications
- Louisville, KY
The Communications Lead develops and coordinates lines of communication within the organization among employees. The Communications Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Corporate Communications team at Humana is responsible for leading and executing the strategies for external stakeholder, media relations, employee communications, public affairs, issues, and crisis communications, enhancing, and building the Humana Brand. The team plays a central role in promoting Humana's brand promise while enhancing its reputation across various corporate stakeholders.
The role of Lead, Corporate Communications and Executive Communications, is responsible for supporting the communication needs of the CEO and other senior executives. This position will partner closely with the office of the CEO on a communication strategy, including an executive visibility plan. These ongoing efforts will serve to protect and enhance Humana's reputation and enterprise value.
- Responsibilities encompass media relations, public affairs/relations, digital and social media, and thought leadership/executive communications.
- Act as a media liaison for the Office of the CEO. Lead media trainings and act as interface on CEO media requests.
- Help develop an executive visibility and thought leadership plan, including op-eds, speaking engagements and a LinkedIn editorial calendar.
- Foster strong relationships with news media outlets with an emphasis on A-list and DC outlets.
- Develop messaging, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, digital and social media content, speeches, presentations, letters, internal communications.
- This is a high-level individual contributor role, without direct reports, but PR agency support is available.
Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public affairs, public relations or related field
- 10+ years of corporate communications or public affairs experience with proven expertise in creating compelling thought leadership content
- On-the-record media relations experience; relationships with industry-focused journalists
- Superior strategic thinking, writing, and presentation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, lead and implement comms projects
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and deliver quality work under pressure
- Exceptional written communications skills and deep experience as a content creator
- Proactive, flexible and always seeking improvement and positive change
- Foster an open, inclusive and diverse community at Humana, Inc.
- Strong planning and program management and able to prioritize and effectively manage resources
- Strong partner within the function
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m, and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top