Knowledge Management Professional - STARS Analytics
- Louisville, KY
The STARS Improvement Professional 2 develops, implements, and manages oversight of the company's Medicare/Medicaid Stars Program. Directs all Stars quality improvement programs and initiatives. The STARS Improvement Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Medicare Stars measures the quality of Humana's Medicare offerings and is a vitally important part of Humana's Medicare Advantage business. Having great Stars results gets tougher every year because we are competing against the best in the industry, and getting those results depends on having superb analytics. The Stars Analytics team delivers that by turning data into advanced analytics solutions to improve the health and life of our members.
Come join us if you want to apply your knowledge management skills to
- Help 4+ million members have the best possible clinical care and experience with their health plan;
- Impact billions in Medicare revenue;
- Work with the most advanced data science and business intelligence technologies and methods;
- Collaborate with great business and analytics partners across the enterprise;
- Work on a growing team of smart, dedicated, collaborative, and fun people!
The Knowledge Management and Collaboration Consultant will keep our Stars business customers and fellow Stars Analytics associates informed and up-to-date on the latest insights and research on Stars both internal and external. They will enhance collaboration between Stars Analytics and other analytics teams by facilitating collaboration projects. They will support Stars Analytics associate development by maintaining training plans and documentation, including for our technology platform transition.
Some responsibilities include:
- Create a knowledge library for Stars Analytics and a process to capture the results of each project.
- Create a new Stars Analytics digest to report to our customers on insights and project progress.
- Launch a new series of analytics collaboration meetings between Stars Analytics and other analytics teams.
- Incorporate insights and results from other analytics teams and external sources into the Stars Analytics knowledge library.
- Work with Stars Analytics managers to establish best practices to make it easy to capture and review project results.
- Facilitate collaboration projects by setting meetings & agendas, tracking progress, and updating stakeholders.
- Backfill analytics library with historical project results
- Knowledge management: Organizes insights and results in an easy-to-use, intuitive, and scalable library.
- Project Management: Sets project goals and milestones, facilitates working meetings and stakeholder reviews, and tracks progress.
- Teamwork: Actively reaches out to teammates, customers, and analytics associates across the enterprise to partner on knowledge sharing and collaboration opportunities
- Organization: Meticulously organized, tracks every detail and ensures correctness
- Technology: Experienced with knowledge management tools and Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Curiosity: Approaches work with a genuine sense of curiosity and intellectual interest
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Presentation: Creates clear, concise, engaging, and informative visual and written communications
- Consultation: Seeks always to understand customers' needs and works in partnership with customers to develop solutions that satisfy those needs.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Acts to ensure that every detail is correct.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communications, including e-mail.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Health Care, Science, Math, or Engineering, or a related field
- 2 - 5 years of knowledge management and/or project management experience
- Prior experience capturing, organizing and managing knowledge and expertise
- Strong attention to detail and focus on process and quality
- Excellent communication skills; ability to influence across functions and team members
- Exposure to knowledge management, project management and organizational tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or a related field
- Project Management and/or Knowledge Management certification or training
- Understanding of metrics, trends and the ability to analyze and identify gaps in process or outcomes
- Experience with SQL which includes the ability to create reports from scratch and also run existing reports
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills and ability to collaborate with multiple departments a plus
- Understanding of CMS Stars, performance measures, HEDIS knowledge and experience a plus
- Background working in quality improvements
Post Covid-19, this position will be located in the Humana Tower
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top