Humana Graduate Analytics Internship
- Louisville, KY
Role: Graduate Analytics Internship
Assignment: Data Analytics
Location: Louisville, KY
As an Analytics Intern, you will collect and analyze data related to various clinical populations, assessing clinical quality, health outcomes, quality of life, and cost. Your work will support Humana's strategic and tactical progress; improving the health of the members we serve 20% by 2020.
Are you ready to create something different that will positively affect the healthcare industry in a noble and purposeful way? Here, within Humana, we are poised to do just that. If you are interested in taking the next step in your career within in the data and analytics arena - we'd like to talk with you.
We are seeking summer interns who will contribute to the digital health and analytics community by working with business partners, data scientists, and subject matter experts across the organization to develop and reinforce the data driven culture within Humana.
- Develop analytical constructs based on addressing business challenges
- Perform exploratory data analysis, modeling and insights generation in areas related to consumer health and well-being
- Combine and analyze diverse types of data to extract fresh, actionable discoveries about our members and their healthcare and health-related behavior
- Develop predictive models to drive acquisition, retention, loyalty, wellness, consumer engagement, satisfaction and sustainable measureable health related behavior change
- Ensure full and clear documentation of all processes
- Collect and document business requirements for reporting and analysis initiatives
- Identify and troubleshoot data anomalies and irregularities
- Pursuing a master's Degree in Epidemiology, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Engineering, Actuarial Science, or related fields
- Graduate from your program August 2021 or later
- Excited at the prospect of working with extremely large datasets that cover millions of members over multiple years
- Strong understanding of techniques such as linear and non-linear regression, survival analysis, longitudinal analysis, etc.
- Genuine and authentic communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver crisp messages to a broad audience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated programming skills in at least one language such as Python, R, SAS, Java, or Scala.
- Team player with strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Azure, GCP, AWS or other cloud ecosystems.
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, NLP, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, graph algorithms.
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, HDFS) a big plus!
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top