CPC/CRC - Coding & Documentation Improvement Educator - Centennial CO
Our search is focused on identifying an individual contributor who will take ownership of Medicare risk adjustment programs that fit best with our providers by implementing operational and clinical best practices in the risk adjustment methodology, understanding clinical suspects and appropriate clinical documentation and accurate coding. This role reports to the MRA Manager and as a member of the MRA team will work closely with market operations, finance and clinical team to effectively match the right program to providers, put together an action plan, implement, monitor and effectively engage providers and operational leaders. The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the HCC risk adjustment methodology gained from HCC documentation, coding and provider education experience. An ideal candidate will have the ability look at provider performance metrics and be able identify where the risk adjustment gaps exist and how to close them with available resources. This includes a commitment to cultivating internal and external business relationships to achieve agreed-upon results. An ideal candidate will be recognized for above average communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to manage competing priorities, and attention to detail.
Work will require 50% within the state of CO most of the time, and regionally across AZ and NM as needed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Humana's risk adjustment programs and the resources required for successful implementation
- Develop and apply keen insight of our providers and our KPIs, and be able to strategically assess where improvements can be made in the most effective way with available resources
- Performs analysis of performance indicators and puts together a formal presentation for reporting out to providers on a regularly scheduled basis
- Provide measurable, actionable solutions to providers that will result in improved accuracy of documentation and coding, and adoption of best practices
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with our internal partners to set the stage for successful engagement of our provider groups
- Successfully implement identified course of action to effectively impact risk adjustment deadlines and report on progress regularly
- Assist providers in understanding the CMS - HCC Risk Adjustment program as a payment methodology and the importance of proper chart documentation
- Monitor KPIs through analytics and identify providers for Medicare Risk Adjustment training, programs and documentation/coding resources
- Provide ICD10 - HCC coding training to providers and appropriate staff
- Facilitate coding presentations and training to large and small groups of clinicians, practice managers and certified coders developing training to fit specific provider's needs
- Train physicians and other staff regarding documentation, billing and coding and provide feedback to physicians regarding documentation practices and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Cultivate effective partnerships in a matrix environment of coding educators, medical director, clinical and market operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in HCC risk adjustment in the areas of provider relations, education and training of providers and medical office staff
- Prior experience in successfully engaging with providers to participate in performance improvement programs
- Familiarity with risk adjustment key performance indicators
- Prior experience working in a cross-functional team; experience in management position in a physician practice is preferred
- Above average meeting facilitation and presentation skills to include online delivery (Webex)
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Any of the following certifications: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), CPC-I, RHIT, CCS
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and to effectively manage projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Knowledge of EMR
- Knowledge of billing / claims submission and other related functions
- CRC is a plus; or agreement to obtain CPC-A or AHIMA equivalent in the first year of employment; or CRC in the first six months of employment
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Colorado Pay Range
The compensation range represents a good-faith estimate of annualized starting pay at the time of posting based on a full-time 40-hour workweek and may vary based on geographic location and/or employment type. Individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job-related skills such as education, experience, certifications, etc.
For positions eligible for an incentive, the bonus or commission plan name will display below. Incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Associate Incentive Plan (AIP)
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, "Humana") offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Back to top