Counsel - Humana Military / Humana Specialty
- Louisville, KY
Be a part of the legal team -- use your legal expertise to drive healthcare strategy. Humana is seeking Legal Counsel who will support Humana, its management and subsidiaries. The Counsel provides a full range of legal advice and services. The Counsel work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Counsel is typically a Legal generalist or provides counsel in a combination of disciplines. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
The Counsel will focus their practice on two predominant areas of responsibility for the Humana Legal Department:
1) Support ofHumana Government Business, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. by:
- Providing legal guidance regarding the TRICARE program, enabling statutes, regulations and associated manuals;
- Supporting the provider contracting & relation teams withnegotiating and managing the provider network which is comprised ofinstitutional, ancillary and professional providers;
- Advising internal medical management, IT and vendor contractingteams; and
- Serving as a valued business partner with senior leaders.
2) Humana Specialty Business which offers both individual and employer group products for Dental, Vision and Life Insurance products by:
- Conducting legal research to support growth initiatives and product strategies;
- Supporting sales teams with the submission of Local, State and Federal RFPs as well as provide legal support to defend or protest contract awards; and
- Providing other types of legal services in support of the Specialty segment.
- Juris Doctorate, with license in at least one state;
- At least 3 years of experience in health law at a law firm or in-house health care organization;
- Experience in Federal and State Procurement Process and Contracting or similar regulatory work;
- Strong legal research, analytical, and writing skills;
- Experience negotiating contracts and settlement agreements;
- Ability to work both independently under general supervision and within a team; and
- Ability to work in complex organization with diverse clients at all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations; and
- Strong Provider Contracting Experience;
- Ability to provide legal advice on Federal Demonstration Projects and Pilots; and
- Experience with Telehealth, ACOs, Value Based Care and quality outcome based measures.
You will report to an Assistant General Counsel.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top