The Senior M&A Analyst identifies, researches, analyzes, makes recommendations and negotiates potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to support the organization's growth objectives. Makes recommendations regarding the impact of possible mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on the organization's profitability. Conducts appropriate due diligence to ensure the reliability of information provided by potential acquisition targets. The Senior M&A Analyst work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Corporate Strategy role responsibilities may include: ('level' dependent)
- Managing deal processes from end to end, including developing timelines and deal strategies
- Being responsible for a detailed understanding of the business being acquired or divested
- Modeling the financial profile of the business, including the detailed support of company projections
- Helping lead cross-functional corporate development projects executed in partnership with senior leadership and business development teams
- Converting strategy into business cases and corporate development opportunities
- Managing external relationships with key business partners
- Working with Humana and Corporate Development leadership to establish and communicate the corporate development strategy
- Developing and refining key team operating systems and managing individual team and deal members
- Makes recommendations regarding the impact of possible mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on the organization's profitability.
- Conducts appropriate due diligence to ensure the reliability and implications of information provided by potential acquisition targets.
- Begins to influence department's strategy.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Mentoring analysts and reviewing their work
- Managing expectations of third party advisors
- Managing due diligence process and lead internal/external meetings and calls
- Modeling the financial profile of the business
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Project leadership experience
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience building and evaluating financial models
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Strong work ethic, detail orientation and passion for excellence
- Ability to identify, structure and solve business problems
- Passion for people development and demonstrated leadership success
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with senior leadership internally and externally
- Relocation to Louisville is required for this role as the Corporate Development team is located at our headquarters in Louisville, KY
- Experience at a top consultancy or investment banking firm
- Merger and acquisition transaction experience
- Experience preparing executive-level presentations
- People leadership experience
- Healthcare experience
Louisville, KY or Washington, DC offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours