Care Coach 1(Illinois Medicaid) - The Greater Chicago Area
- Chicago, IL
The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Care Coach 1 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan and coordinates services.
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being by assessing their care needs.
- Plan and implement interventions to meet care needs.
- Coordinates services, monitors and evaluates the case management plan against the member's personal goals.
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care. Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member's care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract.
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings - 75-90% local travel.
The Care Coach 1 must meet one (1) of the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, social work, human services or a related field OR
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree - one (1) year of Medicare/Medicaid Program experience, plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience conducting comprehensive assessment of the elderly population OR
- Unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Illinois with one (1) year experience in conducting comprehensive assessments and provision of formal service for the elderly.
The Care Coach 1 must meet all of the following requirements:
- Prior experiences in health care and/or case management.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Proven ability of critical thinking, organization, written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs including electronic medical records.
- Master's Degree in social sciences, social work, human services or a related field.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Certified Case Manager (CCM).
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients and/or long term care and/or Home and Community based services and/or working with managed care organizations.
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm. Flexible with work schedule if needed.
Travel: 75 - 90% travel in the field to visit members
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top