Bilingual Referral Coordinator/HIMS- PIPC - Gulfgate
- Houston, TX
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Referral Coordinator/HIMS schedules and pre-registers patients for exams and procedures with specialists and providers outside of the primary care physician's office. The Referral Coordinator/HIMS performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Referral Coordinator gathers and communicates all relative information and preparation instructions to patient and referring providers. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual English and Spanish without limitations to reading andwriting
- 2-3 years of hands-on healthcare experience in a clinical setting, preferably within the Medicare population
- Referral experience
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent professional communication abilities, at all levels within the organization and with patients, at all times
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT coding
- Experience with EMRs (Electronic Medical Records) / Medical Records
- Medical Assistant or Professional State Certifications related to healthcare
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability.ModernHire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you willread to a set of interview questions and you willenter/text responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top