Bilingual Medical Assistant - PIPC - Houston
- Houston, TX
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Medical Assistant is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Medical Assistant performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bilingual English/Spanish- Must be able to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
- Medical Assistants shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Active Medical Assistant Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA (Please note if you are currently certified, some CMA and RMA programs may still require completion of Humana approved certification program within one year from hire date) or At least 1 year of professional experience as a Medical Assistant in 'back-office' direct patient care with the ability to complete a Humana approved certification within one year from hire date.
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience as a Medical Assistant in 'back-office' direct patient care
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Experience with HEDIS
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA),National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
Please note that this requisition is a pipeline for our Medical Assistant job. We appreciate your application and will review your information as openings become available in this space.Locations may vary betweenJacinto City, Gulfgate, Downtown East, Pasadena and Baytown.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability.ModernHire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you willread to a set of interview questions and you willenter/text responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.comwith instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top