Associate Medical Director - Partners In Primary Care of Louisiana
- Shreveport, LA
The Area Medical Director serves as a health-care professional and capable of handling a variety of health-related problems. The Area Medical Director requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across multiple clinics/centers. The Area Medical Director has similar job duties as a Physician, namely focusing on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health maintenance, and disease prevention. The Area Medical Director is also responsible for administrative oversight and outcomes for 8-12 clinical providers designated to their area. Keeps a medical history and medical records. Refers the patient to specialists as needed. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within clinics/centers. The Area Medical Director will spend 60%-80% of their time clinically focused on direct patient care, with the remaining time dedicated to administrative duties related to oversight of clinical provision of care in their area.
The Associate Medical Director focuses on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health maintenance, and disease prevention. Keeps a medical history and medical records. Refers the patient to specialists as needed. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
- Current and unrestricted medical license or willing to obtain a medical licenses in state of practice; eligible and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Board Certification or Eligibility preferably in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine with continued certification throughout employment
- Experience leading clinical practice operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care" model
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Partner's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top