The Actuary, General provides actuarial support across a broad range of actuarial and business needs for specific product lines. The Actuary, General works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, General may be responsible for any combination of valuation, pricing, analytics, forecasting, risk, compliance, and operations. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA designations
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in multiple actuarial disciplines
- 2+ years of project leadership experience
- 10+ years of actuarial experience
- 3+ years of health industry experience
- Willingness to relocate to Louisville, Green Bay, Milwaukee or Chicago, depending on the specific job opportunity available. The majority of new opportunities are typically in Louisville or Green Bay. Specific jobs will be available for work at home candidates.
- Humana will have opportunities at this level throughout the year and this requisition is being used as a general posting for all Actuary and Associate Director, Actuarialjobs.
- As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making. If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews once new positions open up.
Scheduled Weekly Hours