Actuary and Actuarial Leadership Opportunities
- Louisville, KY
The Actuary, General provides actuarial support across a broad range of actuarial and business needs for specific product lines. The Actuary, General works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, General may be responsible for any combination of valuation, pricing, analytics, forecasting, risk, compliance, and operations. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of technical experience, or equivalent and 2+ years of project leadership experience
- 10+ years of actuarial experience, healthcare is preferred
- Willingness to relocate to Louisville, Green Bay, Milwaukee or Chicago, depending on the specific job opportunity available. The majority of new opportunities are typically in Louisville or Green Bay. Specific jobs will be available for work at home candidates.
- Humana will have opportunities at the Actuary and above levels throughout the year and this requisition is being used as a posting for opportunities in general.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top