Actuarial Analyst 1 Opportunities
The Actuarial Analyst 1, General provides actuarial support across a broad range of actuarial and business needs for specific product lines. The Actuarial Analyst 1, General work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Actuarial Analyst 1, General may be responsible for any combination of valuation, pricing, analytics, forecasting, risk, compliance, and operations. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Successful completion of at least 1 actuarial exam (preferably2 or more)
- Actuarial internship or full time actuarial experience, will consider other transferable work experience
- Meets requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to relocate to Louisville, KY, Chicago, IL, Green Bay, WI or Milwaukee, WI. The majority of new openings will be in Louisville, KY.
- At least 1-2 years of full time actuarial experience or actuarial internships
- Experience in the health care industry
- Strong skills in Excel, SQL, and/or SAS
- Master's degree
- Humana will have opportunities at this level throughout the year and this requisition is being used as a general posting for all Actuarial Analyst 1 jobs.
- Humana does not provide visa sponsorship for Actuarial Analyst 1 jobs
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making. If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews once new positions open up.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top