2021 MBA Summer Internship Program
- Louisville, KY
Humana Inc., a Fortune 52 company headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Are you a fit?
We are looking for talented people who are innovative, agile learners who have a high degree of emotional intelligence, and are excited to tackle the ambiguous world of healthcare. We are looking for high potential talent driven by purpose.
We have a number of opportunities within the following areas:
Operations: Our operations teams focus on creating simplified, consumer centric approaches to meet the needs of our individual and business customers. In this area of focus, you will work with cross-functional teams in addressing unique business challenges by identifying and transforming an end-to-end customer interfacing business process that positively impacts our customers.
Data & Analytics: Data & Analytics are building blocks for devising products, tools and services that deliver on our promise of whole-person health care. In this area of focus, you will work on assignments such as translating a business need into an actionable and realistic enterprise analytics use case, implementing an analytic solution to a business problem, working with cutting edge tools and technology to design, evaluate, and implement a business solution to drive healthy outcomes with our members.
Strategy/Innovation: Across our business, we depend on the development and execution of strategies that position the organization to meet both its business segment and enterprise level objectives. In this area of focus, the work will entail analyzing complex business opportunities, needs and problems using data from internal and external sources and then subsequently identifying and producing recommendations based on analysis.
- Currently pursuing Master's degree (e.g. MBA, MPH, MHA)
- You have a minimum of three years of work experience prior to beginning graduate school
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to work with teams
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Have a strong academic history, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA being desired
- Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community
- Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference
- Possess an interest in working in the healthcare industry
- Humana's internship last 12 weeks in Louisville, KY
- Competitive wage
- Paid housing
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top