We are looking for engineers to power Hudson River Trading's continued expansion into global markets. As an engineer based out of our Singapore office, you will play a critical role in the process of establishing HRT's presence in Asia-Pacific markets and work closely with our algo and operations teams to ensure the continued success of our trading. You will also be deeply involved in the continuous, ongoing process of optimizing trading in markets HRT already has a presence in.
In this role, you'll be expected to own the process of entering new markets and manage market changes over time. With this responsibility, you'll gain broad exposure to both the technical and business aspects of our trading operation. It is difficult to overstate the impact of this role - you will immediately contribute to the bottom line as HRT begins trading in markets it previously had no presence in and HRT’s trading in existing markets becomes more profitable.
- C++ experience required
- Familiarity with UNIX operating systems and comfort at a command line
- Must be fluent (reading, writing and conversing) in English; fluency in Mandarin a plus
- Adept at working independently and in self-management
- Experience developing market data and order entry systems a plus
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you'll find like-minded people here.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from a variety of disciplines: mathematics and computer science, physics, and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization - from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.