Trading Operations Analyst - China
Hudson River Trading (HRT) seeks a highly skilled bilingual individual to join our trading operations team in China.
The Trading Operations team is responsible for managing HRT’s live trading environment. We help HRT create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. This includes configuring, monitoring and optimizing the firm’s trading as well as handling risk, regulatory and some development tasks. The Trading Operations team focuses on automating common tasks and preparing for the unexpected. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and automation.
Being a member of Trading Operations means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. You’ll be in charge of designing new systems that impact the whole company, debugging mission critical software under time pressure, hacking your way through old scripts, and reviewing pull requests -- all in a day’s work.
Trading Operations Analyst - China will be tasked with understanding our market and broker relationships, technology requirements, and regulatory commitments. This person will need to have exceptional communication and organizational skills as well as a strong technology background. Experience in trading or finance is required.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Some experience in trading or finance
- Some experience in C++ and Python is a plus (not required), but enthusiasm about learning Python and our trading platform is required
- Some knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are familiar with at least one higher level language such as Python (preferred) or C++
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Ability and willingness to travel to the United States, London and Singapore
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
Back to top