TradeOps Developer - NYC (Python)
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience in C++ and Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are adept in at least one higher level language such as Python (preferred) or C++
- You have experience working with databases (SQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- Experience with (or a strong interest in learning!) UI Design / PyQt / HTML / CSS
- Write automation jobs in Python that support the mechanics of our global trading network
- Write deployment and monitoring systems (everything from the backend processes to the user-visible desktop GUIs) in Python to help our real-time analysts discover and investigate internal and external outages
- Develop tools to reduce the errors and manual labour of our daily operations
- Develop integrations with our C++ code to reduce the need for code duplication across teams
- Work with other teams at HRT to ensure that their technical solutions will work cohesively and at scale
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top