TradeOps Developer - NYC (Python)
- New York, NY
The Trading Operations (TradeOps) team is responsible for managing HRT's live trading environment. We play a role in everything that HRT does to create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. A TradeOps Developer might work on Ops-specific tools, take on development projects with Core or Algo, or tackle challenges facing other areas of the company. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and trading automation. Anything that touches our globally distributed production environment is fair game!
We're looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using various tool(s) to best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Write automation jobs in Python that support the mechanics of managing our global trading network
- Help us release a lot of code (our main repo deploys after each commit) that reaches into every office and department at HRT while using the latest technologies and techniques in Python and Software Engineering to drive improvements to all our systems, new or old
- Write deployment and monitoring systems (everything from the backend processes to the user-visible desktop GUIs) in Python to help our real-time analysts discover and investigate internal and external outages
- Develop tools to automate our daily trading processes
- Work with all the other teams at HRT (all of them! We do projects for algo, core, finance, systems and people ops) to ensure that their technical solutions will work cohesively and at scale
- Excellent design, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Python skills required
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications. You’ve seen an application from the design phase through the production phase
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- Comfortable debugging networked programs on a UNIX terminal
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You’re a Pythonista
- You have experience working with databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- Experience with (or a strong interest in learning) UI Design / Qt / HTML / CSS
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we'd love to get to know you.
Back to top