TradeOps Developer - Chicago (Python)
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience in C++ and Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are adept in at least one higher level language such as Python (preferred) or C++
- You have experience working with databases (SQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- Experience with (or a strong interest in learning!) UI Design / PyQt / HTML / CSS
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top