The Systems team sits at the heart of Hudson River Trading. We build and maintain the servers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are always on the lookout for newer and better hardware, software, and best practices to take our capabilities and performance to the next level. We have a million projects on the whiteboard and need you to help us pursue the best of them!
We are looking for an intern who has an interest or skill in any of the following:
- Programming/scripting (golang, C++, Python, SQL, etc.), FOSS preferred
- HPC, Cluster computing
- System Administration
- Linux, Debian
- Linux-based computer security
- Data Storage
- Large deployment or config management
- High speed, low latency networking
- You should be an undergraduate student pursuing a BS or BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or similar
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work in Lower Manhattan during the school year
- Able to work as a Summer Intern
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top