Systems Engineer (Trading)
- New York, NY
The Systems (Trade) team builds and maintains the computers, networks, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, monitoring, new hardware and software testing, automation and tool development, and performance tuning. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and generally troubleshoot Linux
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Shell scripting or Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Strong communication and impeccable organization
- Experience and knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu is a plus
- Plan/execute technical projects to make our Linux trading systems (hardware, network, OS, etc) faster, adaptable, and more maintainable
- Guide team technical best practices and cross-team performance improvement projects
- Configuration management
- Operating system installation and upgrading
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Work with vendors to resolve issues
- Performance testing and tuning
- Scripting to automate repetitive tasks
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Can work independently or as a team player
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- 5-7 years experience
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top