Systems Engineer - Singapore
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, colo work coordination, monitoring, testing new hardware and software, automation and tool development, and performance tuning. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Keeping HRT’s Asia trading systems up-to-date in terms of software, hardware, and best practices
- Coordinating remote hands and colo work in Asia
- Assisting the Asia HRT Operations team with intraday issues
- Participating in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation
- Troubleshooting Linux/UNIX issues
- Helping to improve and automate more and more of our Systems workflow
- Python and shell scripting experience
- Understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems (Debian preferred, but not required)
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail
- 5+ years experience
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top