The Systems Development team builds and maintains the platform of infrastructure and software that is shared by all Systems teams to provision, monitor, and manage our servers and networks. As a systems developer, your main focus will be on tool development in Python. You’ll be improving and integrating our existing tools and libraries across the platform as well as designing and building new ones to make our trading, research, installation, and monitoring systems easier to manage and more reliable. Strong Python skills and development experience are required, along with general Unix experience.
We are looking for coders who like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and love working in fast-paced environments. Responsibilities are broad, bureaucracy is limited, and opportunities for improvement and impact are vast. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with design and implementation of platform transitions for monitoring, DCIM, and IPAM from in-house to open source applications
- Helping design and build the next generation system for python deployment
- Upgrading, supporting, and improving Systems-wide python code
- Building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines
- Automating existing processes
- Troubleshooting complex issues
- Helping set development standards for all of Systems
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including programming in Python
- You love automation - why do the same task twice manually?
- You’re a team player but also work well independently
- You’re a seasoned multitasker, skilled at juggling multiple tasks, while retaining a high level of attention to detail
- You’re familiar with and have interest in working with open-source software
- Strong Python programming
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and software design patterns
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Understanding of Debian operating system
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and processes
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top