Systems Administrator (Linux)
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and want to learn a lot more in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, colo work coordination, monitoring, testing new hardware and software, automation and tool development, and performance tuning. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and generally troubleshoot Linux
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Shell scripting or Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Strong communication and impeccable organization
- Experience and knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu is a plus
- Coordinating remote colo/data center (DC) work with technicians visiting the DC (server racking & patching, and other hardware upgrades)
- Operating system installation and upgrading
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Working with vendors to resolve issues
- Performance testing and tuning
- Scripting to automate repetitive tasks
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- 2-5 years experience
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top