Strategic Initiatives Associate
- New York, NY
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for financial planning & analysis, firm strategy, corporate development, and special projects at Hudson River Trading (HRT). We collaborate across various teams at HRT to evaluate business opportunities, improve processes, and interact with external parties. The ideal candidate must have an interest in financial technology, capital markets, asset management, financial reasoning, and strategy.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Contribute to research for presentations delivered to senior management
- Create financial models for regular forecast updates and strategic initiatives
- Process automation and report creation for senior management using data visualization tools
- Assist in reviewing monthly/quarterly results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; and recommending actions to management
Capital Management, Corporate Development & Special Projects:
- Help create asset allocation models for firm excess cash (highly liquid)
- Assist in reviewing potential new investments, including research into new markets and industry trends, financial modeling, returns analysis, and company valuation
- Ad-hoc projects for senior management
- Develop solutions to key strategic and operational issues
- Partner with internal research and technology teams to develop key drivers and KPIs for new business initiatives
- Contribute to and build methodical frameworks, and conduct complex business studies
- Structure work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high-priority issues
- Present recommendations and initiate discussions with all levels of management
- Synthesize inputs, identify critical insights, and develop compelling recommendations for both internal and external audiences
- 4+ years of work experience in a similar industry role, top-tier investment bank, asset management firm, or consulting firm
- Experience programming and/or deep familiarity with programming practice
- Experience with data aggregation and data visualization
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Ability to work effectively and translate strategy into action
- A high level of complex, conceptual problem-solving ability
- Excellent project management skills to spearhead multiple, complex projects
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Does this seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top