Our Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research cluster to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for coders who like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and love working in fast-paced environments. Responsibilities are broad, bureaucracy is limited, and opportunities for improvement and impact are vast. Your main focus will be on tool development in Python. You’ll be improving and integrating our existing tools and libraries across the platform as well as designing and building new ones to make our trading, research, installation, and monitoring systems easier to manage and more reliable. Strong Python skills and development experience are required, along with general unix experience.
- Python and shell scripting experience (required)
- Understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems (required) (Debian preferred, but not required)
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems (optional)
- Experience with high performance computing development and administration (optional)
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies (optional)
- BS / MS in Computer Science or related field
- Automation geek: you don't like to do the same task twice manually
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
Back to top