Software Engineer - On Campus Recruiting
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some working experience with C++ or extensive C is required, as are good CS fundamentals
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- For the hardware track, similar coding skills and CS fundamentals, plus some experience in Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL coding. Interest in low-level architecture, logic design, and/or verification is a plus.
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you'll find like-minded people here.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
Back to top