Software Engineer - Distributed Computing
Working as a coder at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive and efficient team. At HRT, a fully automated trading firm based in NYC, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone's job, top to bottom, to make sure our development teams have everything they need to do their jobs well.
As a software engineer joining our compute cluster team, you'll step into a critical role for the future of machine learning at HRT. The team is responsible for the foundation of everything we use to build the trading strategies that make HRT successful, from the libraries and tools upon which our strategies are built, to the monitoring and efficiency of the cluster itself. You'll work closely with algorithm developers to enable new ML techniques, and with our systems engineers to support those techniques at optimal efficiency across storage, networking, and hardware. Together you'll improve the design of our research environment to support large-sclae ML and new types of research.
- Skilled in software design, testing, deployment, and monitoring in a large distributed compute cluster.
- Excellent design, debugging, and problem solving skills - particularly in complicated distributed compute environments.
- Experienced working efficiently with large data sets.
- C++ experience is required, python experience helpful.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Debian Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you'll find like-minded people here.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top