Senior TradeOps Developer - Singapore (Python)
The Trading Operations (TradeOps) team at HRT sits in the center of Algo, Core, Systems, and BizDev. We play a role in everything that HRT does to create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. A TradeOps Developer might work on Ops-specific tools, take on development projects with Core or Algo, or tackle challenges facing other areas of the company. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and trading automation. Anything that would touch our globally distributed production environment is fair game!
Being a TradeOps Developer means working on a highly productive, tight-knit team. You’ll be in charge of designing new systems that impact the whole company, debugging mission critical software under time pressure, hacking your way through old scripts, and reviewing pull requests. We release a lot of code ( daily, sometimes hourly!) that reaches into every department and every office at HRT. As a TradeOps Developer you'll establish a deep knowledge of Python, C++, OS internals, CPU architecture, network hardware and protocol, individual market behavior, firm risk controls/risk management, algorithm design, and strategy management.
We're looking for an experienced candidate who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent design, debugging, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required, experience in C++ and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- A strong math background and financial knowledge is a plus
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science from a top university or have commensurate experience
- You are adept in at least one higher level language such as Python
- You have a working knowledge of C++ or C
- Strong analytical skills and ability to efficiently fix problems
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You have excellent communication skills, and an ability to work independently
- You have a willingness to publicly admit mistakes
- You can make difficult decisions under time pressure
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top