The Trade Operations (TradeOps) team is responsible for managing HRT’s live trading environment. We help HRT create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. This includes configuring, monitoring, and optimizing the firm’s trading as well as handling risk, regulatory, and development tasks. The Trade Operations team focuses on automating manual tasks and preparing for the unexpected.
The Senior TradeOps Analyst will be tasked with understanding our market and broker relationships, technology requirements, and regulatory commitments. This person will need to have exceptional communication and organizational skills as well as being hands-on with a strong technology background. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and automation.
Being a member of Trade Operations at HRT means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. We're looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent design, debugging, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Some experience in C++ and Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are familiar with at least one higher level language such as Python (preferred) or C++
- Experience in trading is mandatory
- Understanding of Market Data/Order Entry systems
- Interest in how modern electronic markets work
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- Attention to detail, strong memory, and an ability to identify patterns are mandatory
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from a variety of disciplines: mathematics and computer science, physics, and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization - from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.