Working as a Senior Software Engineer at Hudson River Trading (HRT), a fully automated trading firm based in NYC, means joining a talented, highly productive, and efficient team. Perhaps you see "Trading" in our name and assume you'll be relegated to some dark corner to code for the "business" but this impression is entirely wrong. At HRT, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone's job, top to bottom, to make sure our core dev team has everything they need to do their jobs well.
We are looking for experienced programmers who love to code, like being challenged, and don't mind the added bonus of having hard work rewarded through recognition and extremely competitive compensation. We know that you've built a reputation for excellence in both technical and leadership areas, and we want you to take the next step in your career at HRT.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have an incredible opportunity to hone your skills in a wide range of areas: C++ written to the latest standards, distributed systems, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocols. You'll also have the opportunity for project and team management, surrounded and supported by amazing developers. You can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself working on critical software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Expertise in leadership of projects and/or teams
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- C++ experience is required, daily use (of most recent standards) preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you'll find like-minded people here
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You are capable of working independently, as part of a team, or leading a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from a variety of disciplines: mathematics and computer science, physics, and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization - from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.