Senior Security Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Security Engineer who will make technical and policy contributions to improve the security of the firm, working closely with network engineers, systems engineers, and application developers to design and roll out improvements. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working on an enterprise IT security team, and will be extremely technically capable and hands-on. This role requires everything from setting policies to performing penetration tests to designing and deploying firewall plants.
We are an automated trading firm specializing in using the latest techniques in machine learning and high performance computing to trade financial products. Our small and collaborative team is an active participant in most of the world's exchanges in a 24/7 operation that includes everything from Options to cryptocurrencies. We do this by programming our computers to think and trade both quickly and intelligently.
- Identify, prioritize, and help implement security improvements that maximize security while keeping developers productive
- Provide expert insight on security best practices
- Stay up-to-date on vulnerabilities and risks, and drive responses
- Develop and implement security plans for technology platforms in foreign countries
- Perform risk analyses and propose and implement necessary improvements
- Design, test, and implement secure internet and customer connectivity worldwide, working hands-on with network engineers
- Implement internal controls and hardened linux machine configs, working hands-on with system administrators
- Gather, aggregate, and analyze security related data
- Attention to detail and impeccable organization
- Ability to propose and drive data-backed design decisions
- Ability to stay extremely technical and learn our network and systems stack
- Strong communication skills
- Python and shell scripting experience a plus
- 7+ years experience in IT Security
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top