Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for Electronic Trading Support Engineers to join our Trade Operations (TradeOps) team. This team is responsible for managing HRT’s live trading environment, one of the most robust and efficient electronic trading platforms in the world. This includes configuring, monitoring, and optimizing the firm’s trading as well as handling risk, regulatory, and development tasks. The TradeOps team focuses on automating common tasks and preparing for the unexpected. Your day could consist of debugging to get a process running in time for the market open, making a difficult on-the-spot decision that balances compliance, risk, and PnL during trading hours, or coordinating the technical rollout of a new trading strategy.
Responsibilities include handling order flow from HRT’s trading desks, responding to external market alerts and outages, and interfacing with exchanges & other external parties to support trading. The team’s scope covers everything from systems infrastructure, to compliance, risk management, overnight clearing, and performance improvement.
In a high performance environment, immediate awareness of and reaction to systems and trading issues is essential. That’s where HRT’s Electronic Trading Support Engineers come in. You’ll be responsible for managing new initiatives and ensuring a smooth trading day. You will be the first line of defense when the inevitable happens, and the subject matter expert on recent changes to the production trading platform.
Responsibilities include handling order flow from HRT’s trading desks, responding to external market alerts and outages, and interfacing with exchanges & other external parties to support trading.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems
- Ability to identify areas for platform improvement in a complex technical environment
- You can take difficult projects that involve coordination with multiple parties (internal and external), and bring them to fruition
- Excellent communication & prioritization skills
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- You are skeptical by nature and have a high attention to detail
- You respond well to working under high pressure scenarios
- Strong understanding of on-exchange and off-exchange / OTC products
- Working knowledge of FIX, OUCH, & other market-specific protocols
- Extensive experience supporting electronic trading systems
- Series 7/57 certification is a plus
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.