Senior Compliance Officer - London
Hudson River Trading is seeking a bright and motivated Senior Compliance Officer to manage the compliance function in our London office. The Senior Compliance Officer is expected to be knowledgeable regarding UK and European regulation and understand the requirements for algorithmic trading. This role would suit a proactive individual that is not only independent, but a strong team player. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Compliance and must have a willingness and ability to communicate promptly and effectively with colleagues on a global scale.
- Develop and maintain compliance policies and procedures
- Routinely audit the compliance program to ensure the firm is meeting its responsibilities
- Act as the primary point of contact for the entity's regulator
- Research new rules and laws to ensure the Firm implements reasonable and effective compliance programs
- Respond to inquiries from regulators and trading venues
- Complete regulatory filings in a timely manner
- Conduct compliance risk assessments and monitoring, report on findings, provide recommendations and implement changes where appropriate
- Review alerts generated by the surveillance system and advise on any changes to reports as required
- Develop and deliver compliance training
- Monitor regulatory developments and communicate applicable details to relevant teams within the group
- Provide compliance advice on trading and business initiatives
- Complete other ad hoc tasks or projects as assigned
- Educated to degree level
- 7+ years trading compliance experience (experience in dealing with the Financial Conduct Authority is desirable)
- Strong knowledge of UK and European regulation and market structure
- Good knowledge of UK and European equity and derivative trading venue market rules
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with particular attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with judgement to involve management when required
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be comfortable working in a technical environment
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top