Senior Client Technology Administrator
The Systems team sits at the heart of Hudson River Trading. We build and maintain the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We also support the IT needs of over 200 employees, ranging from basic users to highly technical programmers with complex coding environments.
The Client Technology Administrator will contribute to our client technology team that manages Mac, Windows, and Linux machines. This will include on-site support of desktops and laptops as well as maintaining and improving our IT infrastructure. We're looking for a sharp experienced team member who is already experienced with desktop support and enjoys tinkering, scripting, building, and automating. There will be opportunities to take on projects improving our systems and processes, including Active Directory, PXE/NetBoot imaging environments, Group Policy, security best practices, phone systems, configuration management, and more. We’re a small team, so friendly, quick, and detail-oriented desktop support will always remain a focus. This is a more senior role that is expected to be able to do
- At least three years of experience imaging and maintaining Mac, Windows, and Linux machines in a large environment
- Familiar with management and configuration best practices like Group Policy, Active Directory, SCCM, JAMF, and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Salt.
- Ability to understand and resolve hardware, software, service issues
- Basic networking understanding
- Familiarity with Linux/Mac OS X command line
- Experience scripting in BASH, Python, Ruby, Powershell, or another language
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with changing requirements
- Comfortable with on-call rotations for night and weekend coverage
- Capable of coming up with creative solutions and implementing them with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead projects coordinating with others
- Strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Happy to work in close collaboration with teammates or independently
- You are curious, a self-starter, and you love to tinker with computers.
Back to top