Recruiting Operations Specialist
- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is looking for a Recruiting Operations Specialist to join HRT's People Operations team, a small but highly productive group based in NYC. The People Ops team is responsible for the well-being and performance of all HRTers across our global offices. From recruiting to onboarding to the continued engagement and development of our employees, the People Ops team is dedicated to creating an environment that is authentic, inclusive, and upholds our company values. As part of People Ops, it is your job to ensure we attract and retain phenomenal people from all walks of life.
As a Recruiting Operations Specialist, you will report to the Recruiting Operations Lead and champion operational excellence across all areas of recruiting at HRT. You will be managing, maintaining, and evaluating HRT's ATS (we use Greenhouse), scheduling practices, recruiting tools, and job boards. When you are not creating or spiffing up internal documentation you might be consulting with recruiters for how to apply existing resources and processes for bespoke roles, or making sure that new interviewers are trained up and able to join the recruiting effort for their team as seamlessly as possible. Every day will require extremely close teamwork and collaboration with recruiters, as the synchronous communication between you and your recruiting counterparts is fundamental to the success of the team.
As part of a small team, you have a startup mindset and are eager to participate in every aspect of success across the team. You will stop at nothing to ensure the seamless execution of recruiting events from career fairs to conferences, and participate in the coverage and troubleshooting of urgent operational issues (we call this #runtheday).
As a Recruiting Operations Specialist at HRT you must be accustomed to working (and thriving) in an intense and extremely fast-paced environment:
- You wear multiple hats and are capable of effective context switching
- You can manage a significant workload, and can get projects over the finish line
- You are your own support (no job is too small)
- You are embarrassingly organized (think: color code your sock drawer)
- You sometimes wish you were a programmer - you stop at nothing to automate your workflow and improve efficiency - and you know when to seek a new tool or input from your colleagues working on People Tech
- You demonstrate resourcefulness, critical thinking, and sound judgement
- You realize independence is important, but understand that teamwork is critical
- You are a leader and have the ability to hold others accountable without formal authority
- You take huge amounts of pride in doing your job well
In this role you will:
- Be the internal subject matter expert for HRT's ATS, recruiting tools, and job boards. You will consult with recruiters on their individual needs as well as evaluating company-wide usage, identifying areas for improvement, and strategizing improvements at scale
- Partner with recruiters to continuously assess HRT’s recruiting processes for efficiency and effectiveness and reduce interview time per hire
- Manage recruiting programs, including interviewer training and our referral program
- Project manage select recruiting event logistics and provide onsite event coverage to recruiters
- Participate in an on-call rotation for operational and interview-related issues
- And above all, you will ensure that all candidates have a stellar interview experience
Experience with these platforms is strongly preferred.
- Zapier and related automation tools
- G Suite / Microsoft office
- Confluence / Jira
- Terminal / command line experience is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a recruiting operations role
- Ambition and a strong desire to make an impact
- Articulate communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Event and logistics management experience
- Extremely curious with a desire to have a deep knowledge of how and why things work
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Does this seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top