Python Developer - Finance
- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is looking to hire a Python Developer who has a passion for using their unique skill set to make the lives of those around them easier and more efficient. In this role, you will be responsible for automating and developing accounting and finance reports and creating processes within the accounting team. As a Python Developer for the Finance team, it will be your responsibility to work closely with the team to understand end-user needs and communicate effectively around project feasibility and timelines. Key responsibilities will include leveraging your technical skills to create new report automation, performing report maintenance and customization, and developing new tools and dashboards to provide impactful insights into financial and operational data.
- Provide technical and analytical support to our Finance and Accounting teams through the creation of new, customized reports and processes as well as maintenance and improvement to existing reporting infrastructure.
- Extract, review, finesse, and reconcile data from multiple databases, servers, and platforms
- Work closely with the Accounting, Finance, and Tax teams to understand needs and adapt to changes in priorities
- This role requires strong communication as it will require coordinating and communicating across multiple teams at HRT
- Contribute insight into financial reporting and aid in data-driven decision making
- Take ownership of the continual drive for automation on the team
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes to existing processes and long-term direction-setting
- Maintain and improve existing internal and external reporting processes
- Understand and reason about a large variety of data sources, minimizing unnecessary complexity but providing complete solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Working experience with relational databases, VBA, and SQL
- 2+ years of working Python programming experience
- Prior experience supporting Accounting, Trading, and/or Treasury Management Systems is a plus
- Mastery of multitasking and extraordinary time management skills
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is a must
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top