Python Developer - Compliance
- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is hiring a Python Developer for our Compliance team. The position offers outstanding room for growth and a unique opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a successful high frequency trading firm. We are looking for an up-and-coming developer who loves coding, enjoys taking on challenging problems, and wants to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with an interest in compliance and automated trading. In this role you can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets and find yourself solving interesting problems in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Able to design data-intensive applications which are reliable, scaleable and maintainable
- Build deployment and monitoring systems to ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain and upgrade existing codebase and infrastructure
- Harness proprietary data to create compliance and analytical reports
- Aid in monitoring firm-wide trading
- Maintain internal processes and improve them to be more efficient and robust
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes to existing processes and long-term direction setting
- Statistical Analysis in Python. Pandas, numpy, scipy
- Can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced Python skills
- Proficiency in C++ a plus
- Basic understanding of trading and exchanges a plus but not required
- Ability to work across disciplines and quickly transition from one project to another
- We are interested in candidates with STEM degrees for this role: science, technology, engineering, math
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Does this seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top