Hudson River Trading is hiring a Business Analyst/Programmer for its New York office. The position offers outstanding room for growth and a unique opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a successful high frequency trading firm. We are looking for up-and-coming analysts who love being challenged, like to code, hate to climb corporate ladders, and want to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with an interest in automated trading. In this role you will be exposed to the firm’s business operations, including business management, project management, compliance, accounting and clearing. In this role you can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself solving challenging problems in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Monitor daily exception and management reports
- Aid in the firm’s compliance operations
- Track and manage exchange upgrades and new markets
- Manage firms market data reporting
- Update exception and management reports
- Aid in the firm’s clearing operations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Python skills are a plus
- Basic understanding of trading and exchanges a plus but not required
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another.
- We are interested in candidates with STEM degrees for this role: science, technology, engineering, math
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. HRTers are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top