- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is looking for a talented payroll specialist to join our Finance team based out of downtown NYC (although we are all remote at the moment!). This specialist will join a lean, but highly productive team to assist with various needs across the spectrum of payroll at HRT. We are looking for someone who brings a solid understanding of ADP’s Workforce Now product and top-notch excel skills. Given our current remote working environment, familiarity with different states’ tax rules is also a huge plus. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by the opportunity to create impact and be excited to take on new projects and responsibilities.
- Process monthly payroll for domestic and international employees - this can include working with expatriates and non-US jurisdictions
- Communicate with international vendors, reconcile payroll reports, fund payroll accounts, and sign off on employee and tax payments
- Prepare monthly journal entries and coordinate with the accounting department on various payroll and benefit reconciliation items
- Oversee and reconcile quarterly and year-end annual statements, including state, federal, and international filings and statement of deposits
- Work with the People Operations team on onboarding and offboarding employees
- Reconcile employee benefits against vendor invoices and renewals
- Assist with monthly balancing & reconciliation of the payroll accounts.
- Work directly with auditors on all payrolls
- Register for payroll in additional states, as needed
- Ensure that we are payroll compliant in all registered states
- Take on ad-hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in payroll
- Advanced excel skills; ability to use vlookup and macros
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one payroll software; familiarity with ADP Workforce Now is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Mature and trustworthy, with an understanding of the importance of confidentiality in this sensitive role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic environment; intellectually curious and excited about learning new things
- Aptitude to learn and understand new software and applications
- Ability to execute processes and tasks with little supervision
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top