As a Network Automation Software Engineer, you’ll be a member of the Systems Development team. This is the team at HRT that builds and maintains the platform of infrastructure and software that is shared by all Systems teams to provision, monitor, and manage our servers and networks. Your main focus will be on network automation projects and network focused tool development in Python. You’ll be improving and integrating our existing tools and libraries across the environment as well as designing and building new ones to make our multivendor network environment easier to manage, deploy, and monitor. Advanced Python programming skills are needed along with networking fundamentals.
We are looking for engineers who like being challenged and love working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad, bureaucracy is limited, and opportunities for improvement and impact are vast. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Building software and data models for network configuration
- Improving metrics collection on network devices
- Expanding monitoring of network devices
- Automating existing processes for network configuration and training Network Engineers on the new tooling
- Contributing back to open source network automation tools like Napalm
- Work to automate away the toil of networks on-call
- BS / MS in Networking or Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in a similar role with a programming focus
- Always on the lookout for automation opportunities
- Passionate about test-driven code and ability to produce simple and elegant solutions
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a team player but also work well independently
- You’re a seasoned multitasker, skilled at juggling multiple tasks while retaining a high level of attention to detail
- You’re familiar with and have an interest in working with open-source software
- Advanced python programming skills
- Experience with some network configuration automation tools
- Knowledge of Linux, process management, and network communication
- Experience with CI/CD, containers and/or virtualization, and databases
- Familiarity with any of these network automation tools: Ansible, Salt, netconf, netmiko, python-napalm or openconfig
- Basic understanding of network routing and switching
- Ability to design robust software solutions where one size doesn’t fit all
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.