Network Automation Engineer
- New York, NY
As a Network Automation Engineer, you’ll be a member of the Systems Development team. This is the team at HRT that builds and maintains the platform of infrastructure and software that is shared by all Systems teams to provision, monitor, and manage our servers and networks. Your main focus will be on network automation projects and network focused tool development in Python. You’ll be improving and integrating our existing tools and libraries across the environment as well as designing and building new ones to make our multivendor network environment easier to manage, deploy, and monitor. A background in network engineering is required, along with strong Python skills.
We are looking for engineers who like being challenged and love working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad, bureaucracy is limited, and opportunities for improvement and impact are vast. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Building software and data models for network configuration
- Improving metrics collection on network devices
- Expanding monitoring of network devices
- Automating existing processes for network configuration and training Network Engineers on the new tooling
- Contributing back to open source network automation tools like Napalm
- Work to automate away the toil of networks on-call
- BS / MS in Networking or Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Always on the lookout for automation opportunities
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a team player but also work well independently
- You’re a seasoned multitasker, skilled at juggling multiple tasks while retaining a high level of attention to detail
- You’re familiar with and have an interest in working with open-source software
- Strong python programming
- Basic understanding of network routing and switching
- Experience with some network configuration automation tools
- Knowledge of Linux, process management, and network communication
- Familiarity with any of these network automation tools: Ansible, Salt, netconf, netmiko, python-napalm or openconfig
- Ability to design robust software solutions where one size doesn’t fit all
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Multicast experience preferred
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top