Middle Office Analyst
The Middle Office team at HRT is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of HRT’s post-trade platform. Our global trading platform supports trading across many asset classes and geographies. Middle Office designs and operates the systems and processes that reconcile the firm’s trading with our various brokers and counterparties. Due to the high volume of trades and complexity of the system, we rely heavily on automation and are looking for candidates who have exceptional attention to detail. In addition to reconciling trades and positions around the globe, HRT’s Middle Office will collaborate with multiple teams to research corporate actions, maintain commissions programs, and track all costs incurred by our trading.
Being a member of Middle Office at HRT means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. We're looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a variety of operational projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
In a high-paced, multi-asset trading environment, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with the post trade and accounting teams to identify improvements in the current workflow as well as assisting in the implementation of those improvements.
- Documenting complex processes to develop middle office guidelines.
- Onboarding new trading into existing technology and platforms.
- Reconciling daily position, cash and PnL breaks, coordinating with both internal and external parties.
- Researching & processing applicable Corporate Actions.
- Maintaining and updating the commission structures across all markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Physics, Math, Finance, Chemistry, etc.).
- Two to four years of previous experience in a similar position.
- Understanding of corporate actions and exposure to the complex commission schedule of various markets.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux).
- Some experience in Python is great (although not required), but enthusiasm about learning is required.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working closely with people across multiple teams.
- You take ownership of your work and are willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- You can debug, analyze and troubleshoot problems quickly under pressure.
- You truly like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do.
- You are skeptical by nature and have a high attention to detail.
- You are excited to work independently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top